May 4, 2016

Lemon Chicken Recipe

This is a Cooking Light "Weeknight" recipe but I'll tell you, I don't see myself spending this much time after I get off work.  I know it's only an hour but first of all, I'm usually hangry by the time I get home and 2nd, I need to get 8 hours of beauty sleep a night and I hate going to bed full.  Or even partially full.  Considering my drive home is long and I am working again, this means I would only get to eat a couple bites and I'm more of an 'eat it all' kinda girl!

Ingredients

12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner Recipe4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 thyme sprigs
4 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup whole milk
5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
8 very thin lemon slices
1 (8-ounce) package trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms; and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with parsley.

Recipe Time

Hands-on: 30 Minutes
Total: 30 Minutes

Nutritional Information

Calories 342
Fat 8.6 g
Satfat 1.8 g
Monofat 3.9 g
Polyfat 1.2 g
Protein 43 g
Carbohydrate 23 g
Fiber 4 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Iron 3 mg
Sodium 642 mg

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!!! I love a good chicken dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so tasty!! Thank you for sharing - I'm all about finding new ways to make chicken! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! I'm with you on not wanting to spend a ton of time on cooking when I get home from work during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete