Apr 4, 2016

Weekending - Late Edition

Why am I ALWAYS behind on stuff?  Geez!  I've been working on a great idea for an invention and, can I just say, it's extremely time consuming.  I have no idea how to do ALL the things I want to do.  I think I just want to do too much.  Let's see, what have I been up to the last couple weeks?  Last weekend was Easter and I got in a couple hikes before eating waaaaay too much for my body. Way more than I need for sure!


These below pics are of the hike and a couple street corners on the way too and from the hike.  I never used to be into desert beauty but it's kinda pretty!




I was released to begin light workouts and I have been doing just that.  Only focusing on one muscle group in a workout and only doing 1-3 exercises at a time.  It is kinda hard for me not to do more but it is crucial so I know what reactivates the injury while it is still healing.  Things have been working alright.  I have a little pain from certain things but the great news is that it only lasts a day or 2 when it used to last a full week.  The Dr. thinks this is a good sign and to continue paying attention and being aware.  I'm sure, like anyone else, I don't want to wait. 


Some of the meals I've prepped over the last couple weeks. 

Chicken, mozzarella and tomato.

Grilled egg, turkey and tomato with Sriracha mayo.

Chicken, broccoli, light Alfredo sauce, angel hair, spinach, yellow bell pepper and garnished with tomato.
 
My best friend from junior high found me on Facebook! Check out these sweet pics:
 

I got food poisoning last week and when I ate again, this is what I wanted.  Sonic peanut butter with cookie dough.  A girl wants what a girl wants.
 
 
I am during the interview process of a different position within my company and the final interview is Thursday. 
 
My friend was picking up a dress for a wedding she will be in and, coincidentally, it was near me.  Coincidentally there are lots of amazing happy hour places near me as well.  So we managed to make it out for HH and a couple places to follow.  I got a surprise call from my grandma in the middle of it all so after my drinks I had a great visit with her.  #lifeisamazing.
 
 
I spent a lot of my weekend researching patents for this invention and doing the work involved in getting it going.  Believe me, I would've had more fun doing other things but I think this will be worth it. 
 
Luckily, I also got in a hike and was able to spend a tiny little bit of time by the pool.  I love being outdoors but it is starting to get hot during the day in AZ so I wasn't out there long.
 
I stopped in for a drink on my way home from errands on Sunday and ran into some people I know.  One of them is hiring for outside sales and it could be a great opportunity.  Crazy how doors open just from a whim of me deciding to go to a bar!!!  Maybe I should go to more bars!
 
 
Linking up with Biana for Weekending
 
 
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio 
https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle 
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle

8 comments:

  1. Your working on an invention - how amazing is that!! Congrats on being able to workout again!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like meal prepping has been going well!! I think the desert can be realy pretty!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your interview! Those meals look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh an invention?! that sounds cool. all the food looks good, especially that thing from sonic haha. good to hear about the working out, light is better than none, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. An invention??? Are you going to be on Shark Tank?? I just know I am one smart idea away from being a millionaire or something. Sorry that you were sick but ummmm Sonic peanut butter with cookie dough??? That sounds amazing! All of your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm officially hungry after this post, everything looks delish especially that sandwich! And how cool that you're working on an invention! Can't wait to hear more :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great weekend with some great hikes. That's so cool that your good friend found you on Facebook! I love that technology has made it so much easier to get in contact with people that you haven't talked to in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sandwich you made looks absolutely delish!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete