Mar 7, 2016

Weekending Pinnacle Peak



My weekend started dancing Friday night.  And the guy who asked "why" (from a couple weeks ago) I didn't want to go out with him was there again.  Actually, he has been there every time I have been there and he has become more friendly.  My friends think he is nice and he comes up to say hi to us.  A lot.  More than enough.  He still thinks I have a husband and this time one of the girls brought her boyfriend who brought his friend.

Boyfriend's friend says to me, after old guy walks away, "My friend just asked if I was going to save you and I said no, you look like you are handling it just fine".  I start laughing.  Thanks a lot!  I explain the old guy thinks I have a husband anyways so it would be weird for him to save me now.  To which he says "So what, I don't care!" 

While friend is talking to old guy, at some point old guy tells him "you should see me with my shirt off".  WTF???!!!  Who says that?  He also invites us out the next night for drinks on him.  The gestures were very kind and hopefully the conversation will help get the point across that I am STILL not interested.  Although, now he thinks he is my best friend and told me he would do anything for me because he considers us really good friends.  Huh?!  Oh well, there are worse things.

And the best part of the night was THIS:



Friend time was actually the best part but who doesn't love French Toast?!!  Especially with peanut butter, chocolate chips, bananas and whipped cream!!  I love #allthethings


IHOP actually offered the above French Toast as a combo with the above eggs, sausage and hash browns.  To me, I would love to shovel eat that much food but the reality is there is just not that much room in my stomach at one time for it all at once.  I will say I made a pretty good dent considering it was not actually meal time.

In order to make up for the 1:30AM shenanigans, I had to go for a hike at Pinnacle Peak.  It was the first one on this mountain in a while and it was about 3.25 miles moderate to strenuous.  I haven't had much conditioning due to the neck injury but I did fairly well.  I'll just pretend I don't have any after effects.



I'm not really sure why there are full gallons of water labeled "Do not drink" but there they are, and there were more in another area as well.  Weird but I'm not judging.
 

 


The AZ desert can be beautiful and add these stairs all over the place - what a great way to workout and be outdoors. 

What I was *really* thinking was moving into that house!!  Or maybe just pretend I was house sitting?  Hopefully nobody would be home while I tried that out.
 


Next morning was biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  Clearly the light in my kitchen isn't the best but breakfast was amazing.  I used chicken sausage and almond milk to lighten it up.  You can taste the difference with the chicken sausage but the milk made no difference.... or maybe I'm just used to it.
 

Lunch was corned beef, lettuce, tomato, pickle with olive oil mayo mixed with Sriracha...... the goodness was real.  Funny story about the bread.  It is an organic whole grain bread and it literally jumped off the shelf as I walked by.  I figured it looked good so I picked it up and took it home with me.  Life is all about good decisions!

 
 
This morning's breakfast was a protein pancake sort turned crepe... by mistake but it was soooo good.  Topped with cashew butter and natural strawberry preserves on half with the other half being Agave Nectar and Stevia.

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.


Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  

7 comments:

  1. SO much amazing food in this post making me hungry, especially that french toast - YUM! How gorgeous is that house, it almost looks like the Bachelor mansion! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, IHOP has the best stuffed french toast and now you have me wanting some real bad!!!! Love all your desert pictures! Too funny about the old guy, but it sounds like you have a new bff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IHOP is always a great way to end the night, looks delicious! Some guys seriously don't know how to take a hint-haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously your post is making me drool!! I'm over here eating yogurt wishing it was a burger or something lol! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol that guy is so creepy! wtf.
    um, french toast with peanut butter, chocolate chips, bananas and whipped cream?!! how have i never had this?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my all the food looks so good!! Now, I'm hungry. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we need those 1:30 am shenanigans. They make great stories after all. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete