Mar 2, 2016

Confessions: Real Life Conflicts

I am conflicted between if I want to be bad or good. 


I am waaay to responsible to be bad but I sure do remember having such good times when I was bad.  Ok, I wasn't really that bad but I really had A LOT of fun in my younger years.

 
A few days ago I realized I am 38.5 years old.  What am I 5????!!  Who thinks of their 'half' age in years?  Me.  I do.  Why?  Because I am closer to 40 than I have ever been.  Waaaay closer than I am to 20, but then again I don't want to be close to 20 anymore.  However, I would like to have many of the benefits youth gave me.  Not saying I am old but I have always had an idea of 40 being old and now that I am almost there, it's messing with me.


I really don't hang out in bars anymore but sometimes I remember how much fun it was.

Things are changing.  I even have little curls in my hair that I didn't have before.  Kinda like little kids who start growing hair, it's cute so I'm not mad.
                                                                                                                                                                  I AM mad that the skin around my knees, forearm (where the elbow bends) and hands are changing.  (This is code for fine lines or wrinkles!!)  *sighs*  Something I have absolutely NO control over, no matter what I eat or how much HIIT I do!

I have resolved to do ALL THINGS that make me happy.  Giving certain people the axe, travel, hike, learning and trying new things and tackling the bucket list.


Linking up for Confessions with Nadine and Kathy.

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  



9 comments:

  1. didn't you hear? 40 is the new 30! i'm 40 and it feels weird to be 40 yet not act like 40 LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i go to bars a couple of times a year.. each year it gets less and less. i have fun, but then i'm like.. this music is too loud, why are there so many people here, stop touching me, personal space people, i can't hear anything.. etc etc. haha. getting rid of crappy people is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I've always did the whole half birthday thing, and I'm not sure why!? And between being a good girl and a bad girl, I think there's a good solid middle ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes miss bars and then I go to one and I'm like WHY am I here...I dont like standing and waiting for a drink lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always do the things that make you happy!!!! And I am not a fan of the skin around my knees and arms and elbows....and eyes...either. Ugh. Age. Gravity. So rude!!! I cant stand going to crowded, loud places so anywhere that is that...I cant hang anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't go to bars much either. When I do, it's always like ugh, why did I bother going?? And why does it take so long to get a drink??
    My Grandmother who is 92 is always like 40 isn't old, I'm old! She doesn't feel it though nor does she look it. haha Age is just a number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and I feel ya...I celebrate 40 this year and it's so tough!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote that you don't get drunk, just less classy and more fun! Co-signed <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I feel you on the feeling too responsible to be truly bad! I always end up thinking about the consequences and don't do the bad thing!

    ReplyDelete