Mar 23, 2016

Confessions: Daily Life Struggles

I wore heels to a housewarming party Friday night for about 4 hours and afterward my back hurt, feet hurt.... f*ck this!  I have no idea how the hell I used to wear them dancing ALL damn night.  And then to work ALL week long.  #thestruggleisreal


I just don't care that much to be hot or sexy if it means torturing myself.  I'd rather just wear flip flops.  There are really cute ones these days anyway.



I realized - I just can't do shit to the magnitude I used to.  I've been adding jump rope into the routine of what I *can* do so I started increasing it a little more every day.  Finally I was up to 30 minutes one day and the next day could only squeeze out 10 minutes.  My shins were on fire.... thought I had shin splints.  Now I see why beginners give up - #thestruggleisreal



F*ck you Mark.  Just kidding, I like him but I just wanna speed up the healing of this injury to do #allthethings.  NOOOOOW. 



I'm actually really nervous that the injury won't allow for the competition.  I was released to the gym Monday evening so we shall see how it goes.  I cannot do anything overhead such as a military press or overhead triceps extensions.  I have a feeling I am going to have to get creative with modifications. 

I do not even know what it will be like in a real gym.  It's been 2-3 years since I have been anywhere besides my tiny work gym or condo gym.

My friend did a park workout with me last night.  There are some great stationary pieces of equipment open to the public.  I was able to do more incline pushups, jump rope, eat some bugs, etc.

My pants are too tight.  I have an event that requires us to wear business attire and I feel like I shouldn't really breathe today or else I might split my pants.



More Coffee Less Talky

Linking up today with Nadine and Kathy

https://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle 
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio 
https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle 
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle

7 comments:

  1. haha that last meme!! That is hilarious. I don't understand people who wear too tight pants. I feel like I see alot of people wear too tight clothing alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first and last memes are too true!!! Uncomfortable shoes and tight pants are the worst! And you cant think about the injury hindering you, be positive! I know you got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL loving this! Especially guys who wear skinny jeans, and yessss to all the flip flops <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely rocking the flats today after wearing high heels all week for work events. If it was appropriate I would wear flip-flops all the time :) Hope you're shins get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love park workouts...I did a few last year in the park near our house and you're right - the stationary things there give you so much to work with! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. fuck heels. i am too old to be uncomfortable. Flip Flops FTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaa screw uncomfortable heels. i have some super comfy heels that i can wear all day, but i got rid of all the ones that are super uncomfortable, no matter how pretty they were or how much they cost originally. aint nobody got time for pain! and skipping rope, holy moly, i was doing it everyday for like 30 mins a couple years ago and i tried to pick it back up and my shins hurt for days.

    ReplyDelete