Mar 16, 2016

Confessions: Competition Style

I have decided I am going to do a fitness show and I may be delusional thinking I can do what it takes in the lifting category but I am going to at least try.  One thing for sure, if I can make it -pain free- through the workouts, I will NOT be in the back crying because I have not eaten forever.  Or nibbling at a tiny little piece of M & M to hold me over until I can *finally* eat.  No starving for me thank you.  Clearly there has to be some sort of structure but I'm not going to kill my hormones and brain to do it.

-It bugs me when fitness "professionals" suggest cutting carbs.  I'm talking about when I hear people say they are getting their carbs from fruits and veggies.  Then they have ranch or steak at ALL meals of the day.  And then never eat a banana - which, by the way has 36g of carbs for a medium-ish sized one.



-Or when trainers suggest tilapia and asparagus to fitness competitors.  There is more to life than that.  Competitions should be fun, not torture.  I understand some sacrifice is necessary but even the tiniest little gnat could come up with better meal plans than merely tilapia and asparagus.


-It drives me bat sh!t crazy when someone says I am lucky or have good genes.  Oh ya, you already knew that. 

-It also drives me crazy to hear someone suggesting that 130g + of protein is a good idea for a woman to lose weight.  It.  Is.  NOT.  Necessary.  Protein is good, yes, but not in excess. 

There is so much emphasis on protein that it has become overboard and is more of a fad than actually used in a realistic manner.  I have much more to say on this topic but nobody has all day for that shit.

The body neeeeeeeds carbs to survive.  I know, ketosis is something that many MANY people practice and have success with.  But what happens when they have ONE pasta dish?  Or one potato?  What about the rest of their life?!  I cannot imagine avoiding sweet potatoes, bananas, bread, pasta, even cookies or cake forever. 

Evidently I get bitchy when I am overly hungry.  Proper term:  hangry.




”More
More Coffee Less Talky
Linking up today with Nadine and Kathy

https://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle 
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio 
https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle 
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle


9 comments:

  1. Could not love this post more! It always amazes me how quickly people cut out carbs, every dietitian and health expert I know or have listened to says we need carbs. We just need balance, just like too much protein isn't good either. Get gurlie! You've got this :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry, but nothing....and nobody...is going to keep me away from potatoes. Not ever! Granted, I try to do more sweet potatoes than white ones...but whatever...give me all the potatoes! Haha! Good luck with the competition, you are going to rock it!!! And I am so proud of you for staying true to yourself in doing so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that last meme is hilarious! I definitely agree that some so called fitness experts out there are sadly mistaken on a lot of their concepts. Yes it takes hard work and dedication to reach your fitness goals, but no you shouldn't live your life in full deprivation mode all the time. That's why so many people end up unhealthy in the first place is because they're in this constant "diet" mentality instead of just finding a happy medium and focusing on health over society's brain-washed mentality of being skinny. Good luck with the competition, I'm sure you'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. people need to stop talking out of their ass when it comes to fitness and nutrition. i hate it when they're all like, cut your carbs or some shit. NO. balance is key. i eat potatoes all the live long day and it's not done a damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. ANd yeah, balance is key! And I'm so that person with the 10K cal snack :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing a fitness show?! That is so awesome. Get it!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that you said the body needs carbs...because well I love me some carbs haha!! Congrats on doing the fitness show - can't wait to see the journey! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. The body does need carbs, I do limit them though. But I could never quit carbs completely, I love them way too much. Good luck at the fitness show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl preach. honestly, anyone who tells me i can't eat a banana? i reckon their idiots. carbs are the best! okay, maybe not in the excess that i eat them, but a banana isn't going to kill anyone. and i agree - what about the rest of your life?! crazy. good luck at the fitness show, you got this!

    ReplyDelete