Apr 6, 2015

Weekending (Times Two)

 
Today is my weekending recap from Easter and last weekend.  Remember, last week I talked about losing my phone so I could not share photos?  Yes, well, this all happened as a silly little fluke.  I cannot confirm nor deny if alcohol was involved.  But what had happened was.....

We were taking a party bus to go to the Randy Hauser concert and I was getting antsy waiting for them to arrive so when they were close my friend said I should come to the gate of my community to shorten up the time... plus, we had more people to get. 

Anyway, I go to the front gate just as they arrive and another car pulls in behind the bus so I try to hurry and get on so as not to block traffic.  I give my friend a hug and my purse gets caught on the rail and does a little sling shot thing but all is well because it is still on my arm.  So I thought.  But I didn't even check which was my first mistake.  Maybe it was the 2 drinks I had that made me feel secure enough not to check... who knows.  2 drinks aren't really a big deal so I didn't think anything of it.



At the concert I try my hand at country dancing and did fairly well, considering I don't really know what I am doing that well.  My dance partner suggests I can do flips and YES, I want to do flips but my realistic side kicks in reminding me this neck injury may not appreciate flips while dancing so I must decline.  But that doesn't stop me from putting my purse on the ground and getting twirled around.  Making me slightly dizzy, kicking over my drink and knocking over my purse.  To which still appears to be fine so no harm no foul.
 
After the concert we stop at another place called SandBar which is a cool restaurant cough cough bar.  Where I set my purse down to do some more dancing.  All the while, never feeling the need to check the contents because who does that anyway?
 
 
 
By the end of the night the party bus brings me back to my house which is when I finally check that everything is still in place.  Only to discover my phone is gone and the zipper I keep my wallet in is gone too!!!  I think I must have kicked it over while dancing and it fell out at the concert.  Or someone got into it at the bar.  Shortened version is that I use the option to locate my phone from my computer and it shows it is in my community.  hmmmmm..... weird.
 
But I take a shot and walk over to the guard gate.  Who actually has my phone.  How the hell did that happen?  Well, I explained my theory above but next issue is that my wallet is still missing.  The security guard says he heard my phone get ran over... it was probably by the party bus but starts looking around for my wallet.  Which I thought was absurd because he looked about 10 ft. away from where the bus was.  Low and behold it was there!!!  Everything still in it!  Again, my speculation is listed above and that my purse got caught then causing these things fell out upon entering the bus but geesh I don't *actually* know!
 
 
Good news is I was able to retrieve some photos so I can show you the moments captured and some "after" pics in my kitchen. 
 
Before:
 
And after:
 
 
 
So we have an updated look with the cabinets.  I still have to paint, get rid of the borders and do the countertops but I am happy with the outcome so far.
 
Fast forward to this weekend!  This will be the shortened version.  Hung out by the pool, ran errands, cleaned up the mess of what is the kitchen and bathroom (due to cabinet resurfacing), had some drinks, went to dinner (no pics) and then had Easter dinner.
 


 
Coffee Easter morning on my balcony.  Life is good!

 
How was your weekend?
 
Linking up with Biana for Weekending
 
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle
 

8 comments:

  1. That feeling of possibly losing anything is the worst - I'm so sorry your phone was run over!! You looked incredible for easter and I love how your kitchen remodel is looking!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no your poor phone!!! At least your wallet was intact! That is just awful feeling like all that stuff could be in the hands of someone else. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, I misplace my phone all the time!! AT least you found everything. You look amazing, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that's quite the phone mystery. Glad it was solved and you salvaged pics. Those are some mighty nice Easter drinks! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing your phone and wallet is cause for a freak out. Glad you found your wallet, and luckily sync your phone. You are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH so glad you found everything! I can't believe your phone got RUN OVER! ahh! You have the best balcony view- jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your phone got run over. I'm glad you found your wallet and it was still intact. It looked like a fun night aside from the phone. You looked great on Easter and the drinks look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That is some serious phone shattering. Glad nothing was actually missing but the phone thing sucks. The cabinets totally brighten up the kitchen! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete