Mar 9, 2015

Places to Stay in NY?

Hi Friends!

I want to attend a conference in Ny, NY and am wondering if anyone knows of a place to stay?  My co-worker and I are going to work on some fitness related awesomeness and this conference will help us with that.  The event is on Bowry in the Houston Street Center.  Do any of you have a place you can think of to refer us to near there?  We want something budget friendly but not run down and yucky.  So, basically, I have champagne taste on a beer budget!!  I'm sure she won't mind that I said that!

Onto things I have been working on.  A project I have tackled is to beautify these lovely closet doors in the hallway.
                                                                                                     Notice the lovely gold lining the doors.  If it doesn't scream 70's, I don't know what does!  Upcoming post on progress and finished product.  I know one of my other posts talks about other projects, believe me - there are many as this place was *actually* built in the 70s!

Thanks for any feed back you can give on where to stay in NY!!  And what to do while we are there.

Also, Nadine, how come I can no longer comment on your blog?  This is the like the 3rd time I have tried but cannot do it!

8 comments:

  1. What do you mean you can no longer comment on my blog?? What is it doing? That is weird!

    A trip to NY sounds like fun! I haven't been so I can't really help you out there...but can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me try it from my phone.... maybe it's my work computer. that is usually where I do my blog socializing... hahaa.

      I've never been either and I am excited to make an adventure out of it.

      Delete
  2. we went to NYC in December and stayed at Yotel. Super basic, but fabulous in our opinion. It was perfect for us. it was nowhere near where your thing is though, so i don't know if it would be worth it. it has great reviews and was very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still check it out - just in case. thanks!

      Delete
  3. The last time I was in NYC it was for the marathon and we scored a hotel near Central Park just a few blocks from the finish line then, get this, it WENT DOWN in price 3x before marathon day. That said, I don't think that's anywhere near where you wanna be. Sorry I'm no help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! Went down 3x?! That is crazy and surprising all at once.

      Delete
  4. I don't know NY enough but hope you have a blast and find a good hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New York is awesome! I hope you get to go.

    ReplyDelete