Dec 16, 2014

Healthy Turkey Sausage and Mussel Pasta



Ingredients:

3 Turkey Italian Sausages
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp basil
6-8 oz Brussels sprouts
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1 oz. white wine - I used Chardonnay
black and red pepper to taste
a few squirts of olive oil
1 package frozen mussels in butter sauce
Pasta - I recommend measuring prior to boiling so that the serving size is accurate.  I made this with 4 servings.

Optional:
a couple TBSP Newman's Own Alfredo Sauce

To make:

Remove sausage from casing and cook.  While that cooks chop and saut√© veggies with seasoning, olive oil and white wine.  I use the same skillet but you can use separate ones if you choose then combine once it's done.

Steam mussels per pack instructions and once the butter sauce melts add 3-4 TBSP of the sauce to the Italian sausage.  Begin boiling the noodles.  When noodles and mussels done:

Serve!

Makes 4 servings.



This is low sodium, as I do not add any and it is loaded with protein.  It has veggies and a normal amount of carbs - as long as you measured.

5 comments:

  1. I love incorporated turkey sausage into just about anything but haven't done it with pasta yet!! thanks for sharing girl!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge fan of sausage but my husband is - might have to try and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Tasty Batman! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Caveman is all about mussels. I should make this for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd leave out the mussels, everything else sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete