Nov 24, 2014

Wedding and Baby Shower Weekend

triciaconiglio.blogspot.com

I have a lot of things to be happy and thankful about and one of them is that I had an amazing weekend yet accomplished a lot things on the "To Do List".  Oh, and anxiety was lower than uge so YAY ME!!

Friday night was just chill - sometimes you gotta have those kinda days.  Plus, with the busy weekend ahead of us, I knew I had to let my body (and neck) relax.  We just watched an old movie:  Love, Actually.  My favorite was the prime minister and his love story.  I was not exactly fond of the love stories that included falling in love outside of their marriage.

Saturday morning started off with a hike with my brother.  The goal was to go to a place we went to a few months ago but we couldn't really remember how to get there or the name of the mountain.  So my brother Googled what I thought was called Phoenix Mountain Preserve.  By the way, we did not end up there.  I leave and head East (which is the direction I went last time) and he takes off going West.  Neither of us realized we were going the opposite direction of each other  (maybe I should have used the GPS that is so readily available in my car)  because he told me I was on a road that turns into the one he was already on and it would loop me around.  Nope.  No looping.   Probably because we were going opposite directions.

I won't say he didn't know which direction he was going because he's a guy and guys know that kind of stuff.  So I will just say ... well, nothing.  Partially, it was because I did not know where the street changed into the other street.  Again, should've used the technology I am blessed to have in the comfort of my car.  I will continue with the story.   I kept going for like 10 minutes before my sense of direction *or lack of* told me turn the hell around and go the other way.

I did.  We finally found (I say found as though we were searching around lost in some huge maze of a forest or desert or something)  each other after taking the scenic route - driving on regular city streets =not so scenic- and squeezed in about 45 minutes of our hike.  Thanks to the driving excursion.  Afterward we went to my house to have some chicken and bean soup I had been cooking that morning.




I'm thinking I will post the recipe for the chicken and bean soup soon.

That night we went to our friend's wedding reception and it was beautiful.  There was a lot of attention to detail.... that is not my strong point when it comes to fashion and being pretty.  I'm more of a simple kind of person but I make it work.  I tried my hand at some fashion shots for today but my bf is not that great with photos.  It is funny though because he thinks he is pretty good.  Since I cannot take them myself, we will deal with the blur.... sorry.























Off to the wedding we went.  It was beautifully done.  Little details and was gorgeous.




Saturday and Sunday was errands, house cleaning, groceries, homework, etc.  while squeezing in the above wedding and Sunday's baby shower.  Thankfully it was co-ed which = more fun and booze.  It was fun because we got to celebrate the baby and have fun all at the same time. 



 

There was lots of pasta.  I am talking about 3 big cookers full as well as 3 more pans.  Then another lasagna dish.  I guess that equals pasta as well.  Snacks were chips, guacamole, some bread bowl with cheese in it and some delicious meats and cheese.  Plus alcohol.  I had a small amount of pasta and a half chip with guac.  You see, Thanksgiving is this week and I intend to pig out eat like a lady.  So I had to watch my girlish figure at the baby shower.  hahaa
Last night after the baby shower, finishing up a crap load of errands, meal prepping and blah blah blah, I got to watch Maleficent.  I really liked it but the bf thought it was a chic flick.  It was.  And I like it.
How was your weekend?

Linking up:  Biana for Weekending!
let's connect:


20 comments:

  1. Klay is the same way with the camera - he thinks he takes GREAT pictures, it's not the case... at all.

    And I love the pictures from the wedding super cool! You looked gorgeous - and I think that fashion is interpretive.

    I haven't seen Malificent I REALLY REALLY WANT TO THOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You def should watch it. It was really cute and as I was watching I was thinking "Sleeping Beauty". Super cute movie!

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty!

    Mmm, that meal looks tasty.

    I don't think my husband would enjoy Maleficent. I liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress…. and you have such willpower not eating all that pasta--- I'm like a dog with a bone with pasta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was pretty difficult but I remembered the damage I may or may not do in a couple days!

      Delete
  4. You are drop dead gorgeous, my friend! Sounds like a really full and fun weekend! If it were up to the Caveman, there'd be NO pics. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My bf always says he wants to take more pics of us but then he forgets to take them!

      Delete
  5. You looked so pretty for the wedding and more power to you on having self control at the shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely!! haha I don't think any guy takes a great picture. Sorry you ended up not getting to the mountain. Hopefully it was beautiful scenery though trying to get there. The wedding looks like it was lovely. I want to see Maleficent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place we found was pretty neat. It had great views

      Delete
  7. I love Love, Actually! The prime minister is my fave too, though I think for the married guy you're not supposed to like his story.. I quite like all the others though and I think I might watch it tonight lol. You looked gorgeous at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's fun to look nice every once in while. I want to watch Four Christmases next

      Delete
  8. I think you look great! I'm not a fan of dressing up either.

    At least you got a little of the hike in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little hike and it seemed to be just enough since my neck was sore.

      Delete
  9. Love the movie Love Actually, a must for the season. You look great, love your dress. What is with men and directions, at least you got a bit of a hike in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so funny because my brother is kinda bad at it! And thanks

      Delete
  10. Girl you looked gorgeous!!! I love their centerpieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and they are really pretty. There are little lights in them that were really twinkly when the lights went down.

      Delete