Nov 25, 2014

5 Reasons to Eat Turkey on Thanksgiving


Source
Oh me, oh my!  Thanksgiving is two DAYS away.  Some of us will be practicing eating as much as we can -and preparing for it by wearing loose fitting pants.  Maybe even stretch pants and a sweatshirt.... nice touch guys.  hehee.  Me, I am planning to eat.  Yes I am.  I am planning to be full as hell so that afterward I wish I had not eaten so much.  Well, maybe not quite that full but despite my best planning I still get full.  There is always so much to choose from that it is impossible not to at least *taste* a little of it all.

I usually gives tips on how to avoid weight gain over the holidays - which I still like to promote because I really don't want to gain weight.  The holidays are supposed to be focusing on family, friends and thanks - not food.  But that is besides the point.  The point that there is always so much damn good food!!! 

Today is going to the top 5 reasons why you should eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

5.  Turkey is low in calories and high in protein- this is great for those of us watching our girlish (or manly) figures..... even for those of us not watching our figures!


White meat with skin
185 calories
1.4g saturated fat
33g protein

White meat, no skin
158 calories 
1.4g saturated fat
34g protein

Per Shape Magazine and based on 4 oz. servings.


Source
4.  It contains tryptophan which helps boost serotonin and aids in getting your zzzzzzs.  Oh, plus, it's good for boosting the immune system.

3.  Turkey is high in vitamins B6, B12, niacin and riboflavin- which is great for energy.... which we might need to get us through the food coma.

2.  It is a great alternative to higher fat meats such as beef or pork.  Even great to switch out with chicken for those of us who eat tons of chicken.

1.  There are so many scrumptious things to make with leftovers.  Yay!  Everyone loves leftovers

Recipe Here

Recipe Here 


Recipe Here




















I found these recipes from other sources for all of us to try and I linked their recipes with the pics.  They look BOMB!!  You're welcome.

let's connect:





15 comments:

  1. I love turkey.
    love love love.

    You had me at turkey quesadillas.
    Just saying... get in my belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quesadillas look so gooood. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. mmm yum. i like turkey but i don't like it carved from the bird, i'm more of a ground or lunch meat kinda girl. yeah i know, weird. i'll probably have a little though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't like it if it's dry but even then I like it for leftovers on sandwiches.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE TURKEY!!! Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I needed any more reasons to eat turkey?! Yum! And that cranberry quesadilla looking thing?!?!?! Holy yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a huge fan of the pot pie so I think that was for my viewing pleasure!

      Delete
  5. Great post! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love turkey so I'm great with all these reasons for having even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish there were leftovers! We have a big family gathering means very little leftovers.

      Delete
  7. I don't eat turkey but I ate till I was full! It was so good!

    ReplyDelete