Oct 20, 2014

Weekend Dolly Steamboat





My weekend was wonderful, thanks for asking!  I was looking forward to it because we were cashing in on a birthday gift for my grandma at Canyon Lake on a Steamboat cruise.  Yes, it is a desert here but the views are still beautiful. 

The first pic I took was my bf helping my grandma walk up the ramp - it was so cute!!



 
Next is a shot I got of the water and mountains.  Cool fact:  these rocks were formed by volcanoes that were 10-15 miles across

 
The hot ash gave it the reddish color we see here.
 
 
Next is an example of why NOT to boat and drink.  The driver of the boat said he cruised by on a different cruise and saw a man whose head was bleeding but was alive.  For anyone who boats, you know that you have to have some pretty darn good speed going in order to cruise this boat up on rocks.  Not to mention how close to the edge they were in the first place!
 


It almost looks fake, like it was staged for a movie but you can see the inner part is rather wrecked.  Man, what an expensive mistake!


Look at these huge rock formations!  It is just so amazing. 


 
 
Up next are 500 shots of me.  My bf just kept taking them so finally I began posing


 
Like this
 
 
and this.... I almost look like Nacho Libre!
 
 
and cheesy smile:

 
My grandma, the birthday girl. 

She shrunk down so she was shorter and I stood on my toes to be taller.  It is rather amazing that I am still amused like a child of 5yrs old would be.  By something so silly as to pretend I'm taller.
 
 
The silly face we did together didn't turn out - so I'm on my own with this one.



 
Afterward, we stopped in at this old mining town area.  It is pretty cool to see the structures of days from the cowboy days.  There was no air ducts which means it has to be pure torture in the summer as these buildings are still used as shops and for display.  The cool ones were closed for weddings or photo shoots so I didn't get any pics.  Looking back, I should've gotten one of the whole town.
 
I think I was distracted because I was PMSing and my grandma couldn't walk that well so I became concerned about what level of walking she could do and my bf got confused about what I was saying.  This created a little unnecessary confusion -which is distracting.  Stupid boys!  Well, stupid PMS!
 
Additionally, I am extremely concerned because lately it seems like something new ails my grandma or walking continues to worsen for her.  It makes me scared because she was out of breath just walking to the restaurant.  This is due to a lack of activity - which is a result of her feet hurting.  Lack of activity also leads to weight gain, which can lead to further inactivity and usually other health issues such as diabetes.  I just want to preserve her!  And keep her well so she can stick around for a long time.  My grandma always reads my blog so HI Grammy!
 
I colored my hair red and I will post a pic of that soon but before I do I want to show you how it looked.  It is rather orange here - do you think it stayed that way or do you think it is a different shade?


 
Eggplant with homemade meatballs and home made sauce.  I have used a jar for so long but I am tired of spending more than what it is worth so I tried a different brand which changed their recipe to include more sugar. 
 
My version was amazing and so much cheaper!~!!  And less sugar.  I'm never buying a jar again!  I always add my own seasonings anyway so it wasn't a big deal at all.

I really want to do a show and there is one coming up in March.  I need AT LEAST 3 months worth of solid lifting so my hope is that I can be back at it by December.  That is still another month and a few days........  So you're saying there's a chance?!

How was your weekend?

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  











26 comments:

  1. Those views are so beautiful! And that sucks for whoever crashed that boat! It really does look fake and placed! Just crazy.

    I make my own pasta sauce about 90% of the time. It tastes loads better and yes, is a bit more healthy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put home made sauce into the "time consuming" category because people usually let it simmer all day and I don't have time for that. Then I realized it doesn't have to simmer all day! Duh

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are GORGEOUS! I love the landscape!
    Look at you and your man! Tattoo'd hotties!!!!!

    I make my own sauce too - Jar sauce is only for those LAZY pasta moments - OR if I want to make pizza. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERY pasta moment for me was lazy. LOL. I want to make homemade pizza for date night and have never done it. I was wondering about the sauce - should I just use a can of tomato sauce or actual pizza sauce?

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thank you! I am a fan of ink - but you already knew that :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to celebrate your granny's birthday! Yes, homemade sauce is SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cool! They have a dinner cruise too - I think that would make for a good date night

      Delete
  4. wow, what gorgeous pictures and what a great way to spend your grandma's birthday. so cute of your boyfriend to help her up the ramp. jeepers creepers, expensive mistake indeed!! what an idiot. i have never made my own pasta sauce - will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce was MUCH simpler than I thought it would be. I am kinda kicking myself for not trying it sooner. (well, re-trying)

      My grandma said what a gem he was.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and the views are gorgeous!!! I made my own sauce once and yours looks so delish as well!! My guess is your hair went red!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to take a pic yesterday so I will post one tomorrow or Friday :)

      Delete
  6. Great pics! What a nice day.

    Making sauce is too easy not to do it. And you control what's in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite part is controlling what I put in it!

      Delete
  7. What a sweet adventure to take your Grandma on! I'm always wishing I took certain pictures once I sit down to write a post. We always make our own sauce since we started to eat cleaner, though usually the husband makes it :) It is much less expensive and very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def miss shots I should've taken while writing blogs - makes my blogs much less entertaining.

      I love that your hubby makes sauce! My bf cooks some stuff but not sauce.

      Delete
  8. Whoa! Look at you and the BF! He is a hottie, just like you.I can't wait to see pictures of your hair. I cannot believe that fool who was boating and drinking, that is insane, I hope no one was hurt. Have a great week my dear friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love hearing he's a hottie! Ya, I was blown away by the 'shipwreck'

      Delete
  9. Talk about shipwrecked. Looks like such a nice day with your grandma. You got a serious sleeve going on, love it! Making your own sauce is so easy it just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am surprised you haven't seen my sleeve before.

      Delete
  10. Wow. That was definitely an expensive mistake! I'm betting booze was involved. :) It looks like you showed your grandma such a great time for her birthday. I love the photos and your tattoos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am def partial to the ink :)

      Ya, I would bet alcohol was involved too. The wreck is just too dumb to be otherwise.

      Delete
  11. Hey girl! You'e so cute!! LOVE all the tats! Looks like a gorg boat ride. I am from the midwest - that cactus was at On The Border restaurant and I couldn't miss a photo op with all it's fabness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On The Border! I should've known! And thank you!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday to your Grandma! You and your boyfriend look so cute together. You got some great photos. I can't wait to see how your hair turned out. I love eggplant! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete