Oct 8, 2014

Sugar Confessions

I talked about Sugar Shock lately and I would like to take a look at how little sugar I actually eat.  Oh wait, I meant how much sugar I have been eating lately.  Since I rarely eat sweet treats I have a policy where I allow myself to have sweet treats when I crave it.... until I realized I had something every single day for 6 days.  Let's take a look:

Soooo - I am pleased (not really) to announce that the content of a:

Sonic Chocolate Cookie Dough Blast - Mini ||  Calories 560 || Carbohydrates 73g ||  Sodium 330 mg || Sugars 62g || Protein 7g

Plus, I had them mix the salted caramel brownie in it -I couldn't find that content but I am sure you get the picture.  Just increase all the above numbers since I decided to make it extra delicious.  LOL




Reese's PB cup || Calories 210 || Carbohydrates 24g || Sodium 150mg || Sodium 150 mg || Sugars 21g || Protein 5 g 



I had one of the 2 so I am lucky I get to half the above content.  Problem is I had it on the same day as the Sonic Blast - I forgot about it because it was a few hours prior.

The day before was a:


Nutrageous || Calories 260 || Carbohydrates 28g || Sodium 100mg || Sugars 22g || Protein 6g ||


The day before was:



Nestle Quick Chocolate Powder || Calories 60 || Carbohydrates 14g ||  Sodium 30mg || Sugars 13g ||  Protein <1g 

The day before was:



1 Chocolate Cupcake Snack Pack || Calories 110 || Carbs 19 g || Sodium 140 mg || Sugars 13 g || Protein 1g ||

The day before was a single serve healthy peach cobbler and the breakdown for that will have to be another day because there were several ingredients from home.  Even though it still contained calories, sugar and carbs it was a better option since it was organic ingredients versus the above listed stuff.  The day before that was a cup of cider drink that I will also compare another day but I noticed that each day the sugary treat increased in size and dosages.  Then I realized I was craving the crap errr day!!

This is not the best observation especially since I am still not back in the gym!  Guess what else I noticed?  A slight change in my body AKA fat.  Not a huge difference but I am not surprised considering what has been going on with my eating habits the last few days.

Remember the charts I posted from Burger Breakdown:

Chart: Average daily sodium intake age 2 and up: 3,436 mg. Tolerable upper intake level: 2,300 mg. Recommended adequate intake level: 1,500 mg. How much daily sodium our bodies need: 180-500. Decreasing sodium intake could prevent thousands of deaths annually, because nearly 400,000 deaths each year are attributed to high blood pressure.



These charts are good indicators as to why my body has changed given the crap I have put into it over the last few days!!  I guess I better practice what I preach now that I realized the mini disaster!!


Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  




Linking up with Kathy for Confessions  and Fitness Blondie for Hump Day Blog Hop

The Hump Day Blog Hop


Vodka and Soda




14 comments:

  1. i find when you have sugar on the regular, it does something to your body that makes it crave it more!

    i don't eat dessert but when i'm PMSing, i'll eat 5 chocolate covered almonds if i don't have my chocolate chia seed pudding on hand (that i make). i think sugar ONCE IN A WHILE is ok but every day can be problematic!

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always kept Nestlé's Chocolate Powder so that if I had a chocolate craving I could have a small 8oz glass but that went out the window! LOL. It is just funny how I am usually so aware but totally lost track of it.

      Delete
  2. I was a daily sugar girl too. Was. Yikes. It really adds up doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was! I think that is why I didn't really notice it and then toward the end of the week I was like: oopsy!

      Delete
  3. You have been craving chocolate lately it seems.

    I have been really wanting to do a raw food diet experience for 5 days. You should do it with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You are right! the common factor is chocolate! Stupid chocolate! Tell me more about it - is it raw fruits and veggies or whole foods? I'll email you

      Delete
  4. I feel like once you have it, the craving for it gets so intense. I really need to go cold turkey because it is getting out of control for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I realized all the crap I have been eating I icks nayed all of it! Yesterday was a sugar free day for me. Well, no added sugars or sugary treats.

      Delete
  5. That is seriously what I talk to my patients about on a daily basis how much sugar their kids are consuming! I am trying to wean it from my diet......3 days going.....that is huge for a daily dessert eater like myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! 3 days IS huge when you are used to eating it daily. I had half an apple after dinner yesterday and it was so sweet and juicy that I didn't even crave sweets at all.

      Delete
  6. Sugar is so bad and SO addicting, I don't think most people even realize how awful it is for you. Or how much they're consuming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is addicting. I read a study - which was also mentioned in the movie Fed Up - with lab rats who were given sugar and cocaine and displayed the same withdrawal symptoms from the sugar as when they were exposed to cocaine.

      On a side note, where did the lab get the coke? Just wondering.

      Delete
  7. I love your sugar posts! Always so informative! But I HATE how badly I want to eat that reese's cup right now haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! yes, I flaunted it all over so now everyone wants to eat it. Every time I see the Sonic Blast I want it all over again!!

      Delete