Oct 13, 2014

Join in on Today's Workout




X-Rays show that my neck is kinda f-ed up right now, but I already knew that.  In the meantime it has been 3 months since I have been to the gym.  Despite that, my neck has progressively gotten better.  SLOWLY.  I can do some things I wasn't previously able to do and I have been working out in my living room.  I decided to share a workout with you guys so you can do it in *your* living room as well.




I am really excited because I can actually do something!  The cool thing is that it only requires resistance bands.  If you do not have resistance bands I would highly recommend getting some because they do not take up any space and are extremely beneficial.  I put some links to Amazon for them below.

I have had to 2 clients reach out -out of the blue- in one week needing some assistance.  I am so happy to help!!  Even though I am busy because I work I still have a passion for what I do and they have agreed to allow me to track and share their progress!  I plan to share my daily workouts with you so that we can benefit together.  What are your thoughts on that?

Here are some ideas for resistance bands, if you don't have some already.


  Here is a link that only contains one band.                    This one has multiple bands for customizing
                                                                                    



Also, I would like to network with all of you on your social media outlets so if we are not already following each other please go to this post and enter your social media info so I can follow you.

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  


*I am an Amazon affiliate and if you choose to make a purchase through the above links I may be compensated a small amount.  If you make any purchases through Amazon, please do it through my links as they note credit to me.

20 comments:

  1. Glad you are able to get some type of fitness in again. It is hard not to workout when you want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Something is better than nothing!

      Delete
  2. Sorry your neck is giving you trouble again. I'm glad you found some exercises you are able to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's been tough. I'm really excited to be able to do the things I have been doing

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a great work out! I have to be careful with my knee this week, I fell on Friday and I can barely move still, so I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, how come your neck is giving you trouble? Sorry if I'm out of the loop! I love at home workouts, especially in the winter. I'm such a wimp when it comes to working out in the cold outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Car accident about 19yrs ago. It was fine for many years but about 2 yrs ago it started with a little trouble here and there. On and off. I was out of the gym a week or two here or there and this time is the longest as it has been 3 mths.

      Delete
  5. Boo for your neck not feeling great. I love that you focus on what you CAN do. I will try this workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is hard to focus on what I CAN do but the fact remains I am very fortunate and more fortunate than some so I will take it :)

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing this girl!! As it's getting colder and colder here at home workouts become much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather can be unforgiving and I am enjoying being able to get in some activity despite the issue.

      Delete
  7. oh you poor thing :( Hope your neck feels better soon, but go you for doing a workout you can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have tried a few things here and there but when I couldn't do any of it I had to stop all together. I have been really focusing on healing techniques which has made a world of difference!

      Delete
  8. Mountain climbers and high knees are the worst and best.....those plyo workouts like that really get my heat rate going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I was doing high knees again this am with a different workout because it REALLY gets the heart rate going. That is EXACTLY what I need since I am limited in what I can do. While I was doing those darn things I was really thinking how much I hate them!

      But as I was getting ready for work, feeling accomplished and thankful that I have limited access again, I went back to loving them.

      Delete
  9. That's a great work out for still being in pain! Great job! Thanks for the links to the resistance bands too. That's definitely something I need to look into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still some things I cannot do so I am really happy and fortunate that I can these :)

      I hope you find the links useful. The great thing about the bands is they can go with you anywhere - even in your luggage when you travel.

      Delete
  10. Yay welcome back to working out!! I need to get in on this resistance band thing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, you're injured and still kicking butt. I have no excuse to be so lazy!

    Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

    ReplyDelete