Oct 3, 2014

Friday Faves

I walked into work and smelled the most delicious coffee which made me think of how much I like the smell of coffee.  I even liked the smell when I didn't like coffee - now I like drinking it.  It reminded me of when I was a kid and stayed the night at my grandparents because I always woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee in the morning.  Smelled so good!!



I have a few favs this week that I am thankful for:


Being able to take a day off work whenever I feel like it.  And on said day hang out by the pool and listen to the birds chirp and feel the sun on my skin. 

Technology that allows me to lay by the pool and listen to portable music until the day I have a pool in my own backyard where I can set up outside speakers- which I will be thankful for once I have them.

The fact that I sold my car and was able to get a new one that I absolutely love.  I know this is old news but I am still thankful for it.

Knowing that my neck is progressively getting better and I have been able to do some HIIT workouts and am actually sore.  Woohoo for being sore, the good sore.

Hanging out with some girlfriends for happy hour. 


This weekend's upcoming hike and taking a nature cruise in a couple weeks. 



A really awesome compliment I received about my social media.  It was that the things I post were missed, as I haven't been posting lately and that she really liked the style of motivation because it wasn't rude, negative or pushy.  She said it is motivating, encouraging and realistic - AKA -
I don't suggest doing 90 squats in a day and then 100 squats tomorrow to work up to 700 squats a day

And I am SUPER thankful that today is Friday!!!  yay!!!


Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.  

Linking up for Friday Faves:

20 comments:

  1. I'm definitely the same way with coffee - don't really drink it but love the smell of it! I'm so happy to hear that your neck is feeling better and you're getting more high intensity workouts in! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried going to the gym - I can tell it is still easily swayed the wrong way.

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of coffee, always have! I didn't start drinking it until I was in college though. Now I have at least a cup a day!

    Yay for the pool, a new car and a neck on it's way to recovery! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started drinking coffee during a training class 5 yrs ago and I really enjoy my morning cup o' joe!

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of coffee, i couldn't make it through the day without it! Those are a lot of things to be thankful for especially hiking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hiking didn't end up to be hiking because we couldn't hike down after the scenic lift up but we did walk around a bit once we got to the top and it was still amazing.

      Delete
  4. I too loved the smell of coffee long before I enjoyed drinking it. Pool? Music? Flexible work schedule? That all sounds great!
    The 21-day reset allows all the snacks I want. I just don't typically eat anything between breakfast and lunch. Later in the day is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently I need to restart my challenge - I've been crazy with the sugary stuff lately.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love your Friday Faves post. You have so much to be thankful for. A day by the pool with the best music then driving off in your new car to come home to a wonderful comment about your blog. That is the life girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have to stop and notice that I have things to be thankful for! It is easy to get caught up in life "stuff".

      Delete
  6. The only thing I love more than drinking the coffee is smelling the coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found myself smelling fresh coffee grounds.

      Delete
  7. Looks like some great favs!!!!!!

    I love the smell of coffee but still can't stand the taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sometimes I wish I had not started drinking it but on a lighter note it has increased the low blood pressure - so maybe it's a good thing after all.

      Delete
  8. i go to bed excited that when i wake up, i can drink coffee!! true story.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done the same thing! PS, beautiful back splash in your kitchen. I wish comment from home later today.

      Delete
  9. Awesome list.

    And yay for your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the smell of coffee too. Especially first thing in the morning when I wake up. I'm so glad your neck is starting to feel better and you are able to get back to exercise. I know you missed it. I'm glad you are enjoying your new car. And it is great someone told you how much you encouraged them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am excited to encourage others - and I suppose I better get back at it.

      Delete