Sep 23, 2014

Semi-Fall Bucket List

The first thing I want to say is that it is NOT cooler where I live.  Yes, it isn't 582 degrees anymore but today is a high of 100 and tomorrow says a high of 104 so I won't be dressing warmer until about November.  Either way, fall is coming because it is in all the stores, advertisements, online and in blogger land.  Pumpkin stuff is popping up everywhere so I'll take it!

Everyone is doing a fall bucket list but since it's not really fall here, it's the semi-fall list.  Here are a few things I want to do now that it is cooler than it was last month.

Hike down the mountain in Flagstaff after taking the lift up.  Some peeps hike in the heat.  Not me - I like my life.


Make a pie for once in my life - and not the kind that comes from a box and goes straight into the oven.  I may have to hold off on this til the temps drop about 10 more degrees because the kitchen still gets hot.


Photo credit: s1276.photobucket.com
 

Maybe it'll be a pumpkin pie because I just love pumpkin.  Doesn't this one look more scrumptious than the 'normal' pumpkin pie?

Photo credit: www.kraftrecipes.com


Spend one last day in the sun to work on my tan before it is actually fall.

 
Stay at a cabin in Sedona, perhaps end of October.  The weather should be nice and cool in that part of the state.
 
 

I haven't been to the state fair in ages but there are a lot of gangs who attend and I prefer to stay away from fighting, trouble, etc.

Instead, maybe we can do some Old West type events and watch history being recreated in the Wild West gun fights.




 
Photo credit: www.Rawhide.com 
And, of course, the football, friends and fun that comes along with fall.  I found a cinnamon spice blend perfect for cider, tea, brandy and wine.  Yay!

Motorcycles!  It cools off enough to go for fun rides, socializing with other riders and taking rides for lunch in Tortilla Flats.

I am looking forward to Halloween cartoons!   
 


And costumes

 
And the holidays that are soon to follow
 
 

Be sure to follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.  Subscribe to my page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.



10 comments:

  1. Why had I not even thought about a fall bucket list? Because the world stands still for me until I get this damn marathon run. Haha! I love Sedona! Sending you cooling vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple other bloggers gave me the idea but I was already thinking of the things I was looking forward to :)

      Delete
  2. I love this!! But ew- 100 degrees in September???

    That cabin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep wanting to make chili or some fabulous soup but it's just too hot.

      Delete
  3. I just really want to make a successful pie this fall! I saw the cutest pie dish at Target a few weeks ago.....I wonder if it is still there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say yes but peeps are buying up the fall stuff pretty quick.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a super hot fall! Of course, I do live in Barbados, so it won't cool down THAT much ;) I like the idea of making a pie from scratch. I confess that I've never done that. ~Ree #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbados!! That sounds awesome to live there. I was thinking of moving to Costa Rica for a change of pace/lifestyle.

      Delete
  5. I totally feel you about the non-fall weather. This is my first autumn in Santa Barbara and it's definitely a little weird feeling to be craving pumpkin when it's still 80 degrees out and sunny :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaa!! We don't even have any pumpkin patches but I am getting advertisements for them in northern, cooler parts of the state.

      Delete