Sep 15, 2014

Motivation Monday

 
My weekend was awesome!  All kinds of good things are happening.  I had an idea to talk about carbs.  The good vs. the bad.  Similar to what I did in "What's Wrong with My Burger?"  What do you think about that?  But even better than that is that my neck is getting better and I can do some things I could not do the last couple months.  Winning!  I can turn my head and have much better range of motion and I haven't had neck-related headaches.  woohoo!



Now I CAN do squats!  I couldn't do a squat.  Not that my legs were affected by my neck but while keeping my chest up it angled my head so it affected my neck.  boo.  I couldn't do any jumping/running/short and/or quick bursts.  Doing HIIT affected my neck due to the jarring impact.  I couldn't do anything arm/shoulder related.  When it seemed to improve I did triceps dips and push ups on the top step of the pool which affected it.

Now that it is getting better it has motivated me to stop watching as much TV - although I really enjoyed relaxing after work - and try the gym again.  I am pretty sure the gym is waaaay more important than TV time.  I was thinking if I just do low weights I should be ok.  My muscles shrunk are shrinking and I want to help the little guys out!  I am not quite sure that I can do high reps yet just because it takes a lot of repetitive movement which can still aggravate the situation.



In the meantime, I have been thinking I can still write about health and nutrition.  Let's face it, I was extremely busy in my previous position which meant I did not create the workout videos I had intended to.  So, in the meantime, I am motivated to use this situation as a learning experience. 

I sold my car and got the legalities complete such as cancelling the registration and requesting a plate credit.  Oh, and cancelling the insurance so that I can apply that toward my new car. Whew!

My computer is old in the technology world and I haven't been able to use it for much so I'm getting a new one.  Hallelujah.

All this lemon juice from lemons and I thought I would share :)  What do  you think about the carb topic?

 Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info. 

20 comments:

  1. I would love to hear you talk about carbs! There is so much information out there on them, it is nice to come to one place and learn something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a post on carbs - it's funny since when we hear the word carb we automatically thing bad...but that's not always the case!! Woo hoo on getting a new computer - that will make blogging more fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it shipped and I CANNOT WAIT for it to get here!!

      Delete
  3. I would love a post on carbs. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and are getting slowly back to the gym. You don't want to get hurt again. Also, great news about selling your car. I'm sure that will take a lot of stress off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I decided not to go to the gym just yet. I have a feeling I'll get there and feel great then regret it the next day!

      Delete
  4. YAY for a new computer! Nothing better than a fresh start like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to learn to use it but I figure it'll probably be faster than my current one!

      Delete
  5. To fit exercise into my life....and more specifically his 10k training, SOMETHING had to give....TV is gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That is the least important thing compared to a 10k. nice pic :)

      Delete
  6. hello sweetie!!
    I`m here the first time & I wanna stay!
    How about follow each other?? I always follow back when I propose it :)
    I tell you that because I really love your blog! WOW!
    Pics so inspiring & descritpions are great!!!!
    so let me know sweetie!

    have a nice day!
    keep in touch :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, glad you like it! Heading over to your spot to say hi now!

      Delete
  7. Definitely talk about carbs! They are so widely misunderstood. Glad your neck is starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited that I just can't stand it!

      Delete
  8. TALK ABOUT THE CARBS! They are my frenemy!!!! I'm glad you are starting to be able to workout again - I know that was making you all types of sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually started back to the gym yet. I have a feeling I will regret it so I am going to wait it out a LITTLE longer. :)

      Delete
  9. Ok your burger breakdown goes into my category of favorite posts of all time on all blogs so YES to the carb thing and all things that break it down for us!

    So glad you can get back in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! I am super honored to receive such a compliment! Thank you and the carb post is up. There are some interesting things in there. Some you may already know because you guys are all so smart :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the smooth car transaction and the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am sooo glad it's over and can't wait for computer to get here.

      Delete