Aug 13, 2014

Wins and Little Confessions

This morning I had a fantastic breakfast.  It was just scrambled eggs and toast but I cooked it in the seasonings from the fajitas I made this morning.  I know it doesn't sound that fabulous to you but that's because you did not taste it!

Yes, I confess!  I made fajitas this morning.  Who gets up before work to make a meal in addition to breakfast?  Why the hell would I do that?  Because yesterday I did not feel like meal prep and I still needed to bring lunch with me to work today.

 
Win:  I meal planned so I knew what I was making - just hadn't cooked it.  I don't usually skip meal prep the night before but even if I do- I still meal prep in the AM.  Above is carne asada, red and green bell peppers with onions, salsa and a dollop of Greek yogurt.  It is very lean-except for a little piece of fat I had to pull off 2 pieces of meat.

I was going to post a recipe about a month ago- maybe more, who knows.  I confess I was too lazy to do it. 

 
Win:  While I was looking for the above pic I found an awesome pic of this ice-cream like deliciousness that I forgot about.  Another recipe to post that I am sure you will all love.... if I can get it up while it is still hot out.  Man, I am ready to get back into the swing of things!  I am going to post the above one tomorrow.

Yesterday's post was the first in a while because I have been in training for a new position and having lots of fun celebrating my birthday.  You really should check out the birthday shenanigans- it's quite entertaining!  Ya, I am def not used to drinking anymore.... not a bad thing.

Win:  The new position is really awesome AND will allow me a little more time to foster the Wellness Committee.  Info for my company means info for you :)  This is extremely exciting for me because my previous job was extremely demanding.  It is fit for someone who is not working on additional goals- like me :)



 
I am grateful for a lot of things lately and I really want to focus on that.  It just makes me so much happier.  In the meantime, positive things are going on to help push that along!
 
Join me in these link ups- they are so fun and a great way to make friends/meet new peeps:
 
Vodka and Soda

 
The Hump Day Blog Hop
  
 
 Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new position! I'm impressed with the morning meal prep for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once when i had left over organic ground beef, i didn't want to throw it out so i fried it up with my eggs the next morning and YUM.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new position!

    I typically use leftover ground taco meat in egg muffins for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahhhh... egg muffins. I haven't had those in a while so I might have to have that soon. And thank you!

      Delete
  4. congrats! thats awesome :) that meal looks amazing, yummmy. i normally have a smoothie for breakfast haha but fajitas sound better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love smoothies but I end up getting hungry about an hour later so I usually have to make extra to bring with me.

      Delete
  5. I was up and made all kinds of meals before work! It makes life easier sometimes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I like about making meals before work? They are hot and fresh -rather than cold and old. (I like leftovers but it's nice when it's fresh)

      Delete
  6. congrats on the new position! all the food looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see the recipes. I'll have to try a few of those.

    ReplyDelete