Aug 4, 2014

Pre-Birthday Teppanyaki Dinner Date

This weekend we celebrated my birthday a little early with my grandma.  We had teppankyaki at Sapporo and it was amazing!  I have been wanting to go for a while now and when my gma suggested going out for my bday that is what I picked and I am so glad I did.

 
I started off with a glass of wine and then indulged in a delightful pineapple martini.  I am not really sure what my deal has been lately but I am really diggin' the martinis. 
 

 
I was really hungry though AND I am a lightweight so I was feelin' pretty good after my first drink.  Then I was feeling awesome when I started sipping this tid bit of candy flavored deliciousness.  Really, I should have gone out dancing afterward because I was fully energized and in a great mood!
 
 
Why wouldn't I be?!  My company was amazing and so was the atmosphere, entertainment, drinks and food.
 
I have a wonderful video of me playing teppanyaki by bouncing the egg on the spatula but for some reason I cannot get it to load.  Oh well- maybe another time.
 
I ordered calamari steak and I got a ton of rice with a tiny bit of veggies.  I noticed the pic doesn't show the veggies as they are on the other side of my gigantic bowl of rice.  It was really really good.  I had leftovers but somehow only the rice made it in my to go box.  Oh well.  Dessert was 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and on the outside were small scoops of mint chocolate chip.  We did not order it but since it was my birthday dinner they brought it out for us.  It was a nice little treat to share.  Not too much and not too little.
 



 
My grandma knows I want this really beautiful wall mirror so that is my gift from her.  I just gotta go get it ;)  The real gift was being able to spend the day with her!  The really cool thing is how well she and my bf get along.  That is the best scenario and I could never ask for more.  Some people have family members who are less than welcoming and go so far as to be mean or rude.  I don't understand that.  Except when  the significant other is a poop head and is actually mean or disrespectful to members of the family (or the person in the relationship) but otherwise, no need for it.
 
 My Fitness Tip for this meal:
 
I drank 1.5 glasses of water before I began eating my meal.  Especially because I was drinking because it was important for me to be able to know when I have had enough food.  Sometimes alcohol can alter our will power and desenstize the ability to know when we are full.
 
Next Tip:
 
Scoop a small serving of rice onto the serving dish because it is difficult to judge how much a serving of rice is when eating it out of a bowl that size and that amount.  And remember the veggies!
 
How was your weekend?
Join these link ups:
 
B ~ Loved Boston
 
Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I love hibatchi grills - so good and you're tips for not eating so much are great!! So happy you were able to celebrate with two very special people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibachi is always very entertaining. If I could get my damn video to load I'll share it :)

      Delete
  2. I do love good habachi! The food looks delicious! What a fun birthday meal to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually do bday dinners- it is usually dancing but this was so fun I may have to switch it up next year.

      Delete
  3. We looked like we were having fun and we sure were. I enjoyed the afternoon and even had a glass of wine. I would have had another but I was driving a long way home. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday lunch. J. is easy to get along with so that seems to help. I know some people are rude but he is too nice for that treatment. Looking forward to my birthday next month and the family getting together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to celebrate your bday too!! ya, he is pretty easy to get along with.... most of the time! LOL j/k

      Delete
  4. What a fun time! You look like you had a blast. When is your birthday, this week? Thanks for linking up for MMG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bday is this Sunday the 10th. Thanks for having the link up!

      Delete
  5. What a great birthday dinner! The food looks delicious! And now I'm really wanting a martini! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pineapple martini was pretty sweet so I am sure it was loaded with sugar but it was really good anyway.

      Delete
  6. How fun! And you look SO happy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. And we went early enough that nobody was even there yet.

      Delete
  7. Happy early birthday! Looks like you enjoyed yourself :)

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberlee! It was a great time and more of a good time to come this weekend :)

      Delete
  8. I love your arm sleeve so much... so hawt girlfriend. Also LOVE your outfit. I too enjoy martini's and cosmos alot this time of year. I think it is because the weather is so much more warmer. Japanese steakhouses where they cook in front of you are my favorite! Happy early birthday dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sugar britches! Maybe the weather is what's doing it.... maybe it's my extreme desire to be beachside with a lovely drink-so I have to imitate it and imagine it is beachside. LOL

      Delete