Aug 15, 2014

High Protein Low Cal Tuna Pasta Salad


Good morning friends!  It has been a really long time since I have blogged in the morning before work.  First I was super burned out, then I was having anxiety, then it was my neck and the last couple days was because I was nursing the remnants of a hangover.  Because I am a bit too old for drinking it up the way I used to!  If you haven't heard, I celebrated my birthday last weekend and it was fun as hell with lots of alcohol involved but a major hangover followed. 

Anyway, that is old news.  Today is a brand new, wonderful day!  Many things to be grateful for such as this delightful recipe sure to satisfy you while keeping your house cooler than usual!  Cuz it's hot as hell and cooking makes, not only the kitchen hot but, the entire house hot!


  What you need:

1 3/4 c. wheat pasta - you can use Rigatoni or shells
1.5 TBSP olive oil may (I used olive oil mayo with cracked black pepper)
1/4 c water (approximately)
3 5oz cans of tuna
1 3 oz can of diced black olives
a few dashes of seal salt
black pepper
2 medium celery stalks
1/2 bunch green onions

Makes 6 Servings

To Make:

Boil pasta.  While that is boiling chop the celery and onion. Once the pasta is cooked rinse under sink and place ice cubs in it.  This stops the cooking process and also allows it to cool faster for the ingredients to go in.



While this is cooling mix all of the above remaining ingredients.  The purpose for the water is to cut down on the amount of mayo while still having a moist recipe.  Additional mayo creates additional calories.  Less mayo creates a dry meal.  Nobody likes dry!  Tip: if you do not have the cracked black pepper mayo then try to use mayo with less calories.  I am usually not a fan of low calorie products because it means some type of processing that is unhealthy to get it that way.  But, we are talking about mayo here.  No way around it, it's not that healthy!

Once the pasta has cooled to room temp mix with tuna mixture and refrigerate or serve right away and refrigerate any leftovers.  Personally, I like it refrigerated because it gives the rest of the flavors a chance to mingle! 

Nutrition Facts (for informational purposes only)

Calories: 135         Protein:  12 g         Carbs:  10 g

This is a great low calorie, high protein meal.  It combines healthy carbs, fats and proteins as well as some veggies - which is always a plus.  Tell me what you think of this recipe?

On a side note, my co-worker says WTH?  Cuz I'm over here doing stuff while he's bored as hell (we are in training and just finished a quiz) and all I can say is YAAAY for my new position.

Join in these exciting link ups!!    

 Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.

http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle

14 comments:

  1. Oh Yum. I love Tuna Pasta Salad... You could even probably heat that up and make a casserole out of it. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Casserole is da bomb but too hot to bake right now

      Delete
  2. yum! i'm not an olive fan, but the rest of it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like adding hard broiled eggs but it's hot so I didn't boil them

      Delete
  3. Would you believe I have never made my own tuna salad? Also, now I want some olives. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINALLY!! Someone liked olives. Lol. Tuna salad is soooo easy- u should try it fo Sho!

      Delete
  4. Looks Yummy! I am not actually a huge fan of tuna but I might substitute the tuna for chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used chicken as well and it is really good too.

      Delete
  5. Oooo this recipe looks delicious!!! Minus the black olives though because I just can't handle them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could def leave out th olives but I would prob add hard broiled eggs with celery salt to add the flavor missed by the olives. Although u prob won't miss anything since u don't like olives!

      Delete
  6. I love all olives as you already know. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so much that you had an olive tree!

      Delete