Aug 12, 2014

Birthday Weekend Recap

Based on the fact that I am in training for a new position and just had my birthday I have not written anything.  Not because I don't want to but because I have been super busy-which is always a good thing, right? 
 
Monday I found a bottle of tequila in the freezer and I said to my bf "You were drinking tequila Saturday?".  He says, "No, you were".  Then I look over at the counter and see a big box of glassware containing shot glasses and such that were drug out in order to have these tequila shots.  I remember the Fireball but I do NOT remember the tequila.  I don't even like tequila and I don't usually partake in shots.  Evidently it did not apply Saturday night!!  Deets below.

With my birthday having been Sunday, my bf's mom surprised me with a lovely dinner on Friday night.  It was a placed called Tapas Restaurant which is a Spanish Restaurant in Scottsdale and the ambience was amazing but I was rather underdressed because I had no idea where we were going.  I had not done my hair very well that day and I was wearing jeans with a regular top.  I knew it was hot out so I changed into jean shorts.  When I asked my bf how I should dress, he says "however you want".  I asked if I should change he said "no, go the way you are". 

So I was thinking we were going to some very casual sports bar type setting.  I mentioned how much I would love a drink.... oh, say a martini, he says "that'll be the first thing we get!".  Woohoo, we are off to a great start!!

Once we pull up in the area we were going I already knew I was underdressed but once we walked in I started to get embarrassed.  Until I saw the other happy hour people- then I didn't feel so bad but I have to tell you it is a place that uses cloth table clothes as well as cloth  napkins.  It is not like Pizza Hut with the plasticy-type table cloths.  Oh well.  Once I sat down nobody could even see that I was wearing jean shorts.


 
The first thing I did was order a martini.  An apple martini and it was much better than the one I talked about a couple weeks ago because it was less syrupy but for some reason not as strong.  Kinda like the pineapple martini I had at Sapporo last weekend. 
 


 
The entertainment was a lady who danced in some style that I don't remember the name of.  Basically she tap danced and swung her dress around a lot.  Matter of fact, she had me come up and do it with her-- I guess the news of being the birthday girl travels really fast!  Thanks to Steph over at Life According to Steph I remember the name of the dance and it is called flamenco.  Seriously, it is so awesome and the singer's voice was amazing. 
 
Video of this coming up.  I had 2 drinks and evidently it was obvious because my bf's mom asked him if I was drunk!  LOL.  He said I was being loud and belligerent.  I'm like What did I do???!!!!  how could I possibly forget what I did over just 2 drinks??!!  He was kidding, thankfully!  He thinks it is funny to mess with me... well, it kinda is :)

I shared a meal with his mom.  It was paella with shrimp, mussels and clams - oh and a couple bites of sausage.  It was very good and just the right amount. 

We decided to share a dessert and I got to choose.  I ordered banana apple pudding which came with ice cream.... life is so good!  It should be my bday every week. 





 
 Then we went home like a couple of old fogies... and the next night made me realize just how much I love my life the way it is.  For a while I kinda forgot that because I was bitching and moaning about how I dedicate so much time to work and marketing/blogging that I don't have a personal life while everyone else is still doing it up.
 
Well.  I had my turn.  I wanted to go out for a little bit... just a couple hours then come back to our house for dancing.  In the living room.  Not like we have a giant living room but it works and I don't have to fight with creepy dudes to get off my ass while I am trying to enjoy myself.  Plus, I don't have to stand in line at the bar for a  million years while I order one measly drink.
 
We got a ride to the bar and got dropped off kinda like being in junior high going to one of the dances.  One of our sober friends, actually the only one, drove us back.  I am not actually sure what time we left the bar but we left 2 of our friends there.  Didn't mean to and didn't even know we did it.  Especially because they were at our house- I have pics to prove it.  What had happened was:
 
They walked to our house from the bar.  How do I know?  My bf heard a voice message sometime Sunday afternoon saying "I need the gate code so Beth and I can get in".  I heard a message sometime Monday saying "We are in the parking lot getting ready to walk to your house and I need your address".  Oh ya, there was also a text message around 1:30 ish AM asking for said address.  Oh ya, and a few phone calls around that time too.  Oopsy.  I cannot be responsible for tending to my phone for calls and/or text messages while intoxicated. 
 
 I was running the girls through some shoulder exercises with a kettle bell -just as a demo because it's not ideal (or good) to workout while drunk.  I had the wobbles a little bit later and went upstairs to call it a night.  Lights out.
 
The next day was absolute HELL TO PAY.  I am just too old to drink like that and have hangovers anymore.  Or maybe it is just that I don't drink like that anymore so my body isn't used to it anymore.  Believe me, I have some friends- my age- who still drink the way we did when we were younger and they seem to do just fine with it.  Not me.  I can't do it and it made me realize I don't want to either.
 
Don't get me wrong, I still like having drinks here and there but not sh!t loads all in one night.  And I certainly don't like hangovers... not that I ever did but they seem a lot worse now.
 
In the meantime, I wanted to use my new hydration pack to go hiking and I am still tired.  I feel like I am going to be tired all the way through the weekend - like I won't even want to go hiking.  Like I just want to sleep all weekend long!  Maybe even hang out by the pool a little bit before it cools off- although that won't be for a long time in AZ!
 
How was your weekend?
 
 Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there and be sure to subscribe to page by entering your email which will give you up to date info.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle

8 comments:

  1. OH man! I love that you started explaining things with "What had happened was.."

    I spit out my tea! I knew it was going to be a good explanation from that statement.

    My weekend was... interesting.. It was UP... and then it was REALLY DOWN on Monday.

    I'm pushing through... trying to at least.

    I just want to get married already, and pray the stress subsides after!

    I loved this post, and your recap. Happy Belated Bday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that starting the story out that way was rather appropriate given the circumstance! LOL. So sorry to hear that yesterday was rough for you. I am going to email you some ideas that may help.

      Delete
  2. I can't handle too much booze at all anymore. The hangover sucks too much.

    I hope you had a great birthday!

    Was it flamenco dancing at the restaurant Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! YYEEEESS!! That is what it was but I couldn't remember the name at all. I am gonna hv to go update it in my post. Thanks :)

      And thanks for the bday wish :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm tapas. Love tapas places!

    I can not drink a lot anymore. At all. I never really could drink a ton to start with, but if I have too much now...I pay for days. Grandma status over here!

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I used to drink like a fish. F.I.S.H. Not gonna lie. I was pretty much just living the party scene like any young person would. But those days are gone. not like long gone, just mostly gone.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun place. I love paella - had it in Spain and it was amazing. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Spain!! Maybe i'll have paella there :)

      Delete