Jun 12, 2014

Sweet & Spicy Corn Cilantro Lime Salad


Summer is definitely here!  I do not enjoy cooking during the summer because the after math means a hot ass house that takes forever to cool back down!  We like to do things that require short cooking times or just eat it cold.

Cold sandwiches, salads, and like the above picture shows even delicious veggie creations.  In my blog about the weekend recap I showed this same pic and also said I would share the recipe so here it is.  


You Need:
4 ears of corn
1/2 container of grape tomatoes
1-1.5 limes
2 TBSP honey
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 avocado
drizzle of jalapeno olive oil
a dash or 2 of sea salt
black pepper to taste

To Make:

Cut corn off the cob into a bowl.  Wash grape tomatoes and add to corn.  If they are really big tomatoes, sometimes I like to cut it in half so they are all bite sized.  Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into the bowl.  My limes were kinda dry so I ended up using 1.5 limes. 

Add the cilantro, honey, drizzle of jalapeno olive oil, salt and pepper.  If you do not have jalapeno olive oil you could use a couple dashes of ground red cayenne pepper.  



Mix together and set aside while you dice up an avocado.  

Mix gently so as not to smash the avocado.  I try to find one that is slightly firm so that it doesn't get mushy.

Place in the fridge for a couple hours to let all the flavors mingle.  Serve chilled.

What is your favorite summertime recipe?

Today's link up is great for weight motivation.  Check it out:
KateriVonSteal



Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment