Jun 19, 2014

Spicy Chicken Sausage and Eggs


I love breakfast and I love sausage.  What better combo than sausage for breakfast?  You guys all know by now that I also love simple so this recipe is all about keeping my life simple and delicious all at the same time.  Guess what else I love?  Keeping it low calorie!!  But you already knew that, right?!

I am linking up with Kateri for TWIT Thursday and it is to help us stay motivated and on track with the current fitness goals we may (or may not) have.  Since we are doing it together it provides more accountability which leads to greater results and since we all love results, feel free to link up!

KateriVonSteal
I am really proud of her for the great accomplishment she made in a week but I am a little late linking up.  It seems like I do that a lot as I have to work all day - like many of the bloggers- but I do not have a moment to throw something together at work.  It is just crazy busy all the time.  Additionally, I am trying to get a door ding figured out.  Well, it is not actually a door ding, it is a just a big 'ol dent and then they continued to drag along the side of my car.  Peeps - watch out for other people's cars, please.  Thank you.


Liz @ Fitness Blondie

Another fabulous link up,  +Liz Taylor @Fitness Blondie.  Liz has such an awesome attitude that I feel truly blessed to have her as a friend!  She has a hump day blog hop on Wednesdays - so fun - and another she just created called BeFearless so go check 'em out.  Anyway, since I am sooo tired, I am going to get on with the recipe.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

¼ c onions, diced

¼ c green bell pepper, diced
1 spicy Italian chicken sausage
4 eggs
2 pinches sharp cheddar shredded cheese
A few squirts olive oil
¼ c water

Directions:

Put 2 squirts of olive in skillet and cook sausage.  Add onions/bell pepper about 8 minutes in to sauté onions and bell pepper in skillet while sausage cooks. 
Put 4 eggs with about ¼ c water (instead of milk) in a bowl and lightly mix, do not overbeat.  Add to skillet once sausage is cooked all the way through.  Once eggs are fully cooked, serve with a pinch of cheese on each serving.

 – I like to have this with 1 slice whole wheat toast, lightly buttered.  Oh, also, if you do not like spicy you could sub for regular chicken sausage but it just gives it a pleasant little kick - not too bad.

260 Calories - 22 grams of protein - 4 grams of carbs (Nutrition Facts do not include a piece of toast)

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe...it looks yummy. I have never tried chicken sausage before and this is a great way for me to try it. I am a breakfast person for sure...and using chicken sausage is surely a lot healthier than pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, it is a TON better. Less fatty for sure but sometimes that is where all the flavor comes from in pork sausage. The cool thing about it is that even though there is less fat (and grease) there is still a lot of flavor.

      Delete
  2. First, thank you for linking up. It doesn't matter when you do it. You do it, and that's all that matters! I love that you are just as motivated to continue to healthy journey and support each other! YOU ROCK SISTER!

    Second,
    THAT RECIPE. YUMBALLS! Just saying. I'm not big into eggs anymore, but, for something like this, I'm sure I'd make an exception! I love spicy chicken.. I like spicy anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love the link ups & thanks for stopping by. I gotta find new a glorious ways to egg prep cuz I eat 'em eerrr day!

      Delete
  3. What a great combination! I never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo good! Hope you enjoy too :)

      Delete