Jun 4, 2014

Confessions... A Little Late in the Day (-Cuz I'm BZ)

Last week I wrote about my confessional shit storm because it was loaded with language that is totally inappropriate for young kids and may burn the ears off a loving Christian lady.  Or scorch the eyes of anyone who protests to lots of profanity.

This week, I'm pretty chill.  Actually, I was back to normal about 10 minutes after I wrote it.  I felt better just writing it.  Matter of fact, I have been to the gym twice so I feel pretty damn good.  Since I mentioned 'twice' I will get to my first confession:

1.  I have not been to the gym in about 2.5 weeks.  On my behalf, it was because of an injury and not because I was a lazy @ss.

2.  I enjoyed almost every minute of not working out.  While I make it a habit of being in the gym and I complain when I do not go, there were quite a few times when I did not really feel motivated.  So it worked out because the injury prevented it anyway.

3.  I confess that I hate noisy eating.  Slurping.  Lip smacking.  Noises within the mouth that can be heard outside the mouth.  All of the above.  Hate it.  It's disgusting.  I don't mind an occasional slurp while eating hot soup or something but I would like to let everyone know that it IS possible to eat quietly most of the time.




4.  I confess that my boyfriend and my dog both do it!  Our dog is really rather gross because he will drink and/or eat and then commence to cruising around the house making like a snarling kinda noise.  But not like a growling kinda snarl... more of a satisfied kinda snort-type noise with his throat.  He just started that like a year ago.  Don't like it so much.

5.  While being out of the gym I did not do the best job counter acting my eating habits and kept eating like I would normally eat.  The problem with this is I did not need the extra food.  So the confession is that my shorts are a bit snug.  Not my favorite thing to admit but it is true.

PS, I did not eat all this

I had a small slice of the fruit tart.  Fruit is healthy, right?

Half of this at the lake.  Gotta soak up the alcohol, ya?


6.  I refuse to give money to 'homeless' people that are young.  I feel there is no reason whatsoever that they should not have a job like the rest of the population that they are begging from.  My biggest problem with young people begging is that they are standing on a corner, holding a sign.  This means they are perfectly capable of working because they walked there and are standing there.  Older people have more of a disadvantage because age can hinder jobs for them in the workplace.  My money goes to the person who came upon hard luck and needs help.  NOT to ones who don't wanna work.

7.  I ran away when I was a teenager (over a stupid situation) and thought I was going to party my butt off.  Only to discover that I just kept worrying about getting in trouble.  The. Whole. Time.  I went back home after a weekend.  I felt so guilty, never did it again.  Kids:  Don't recommend running away.

8.  I received info on the franchise I talked about and I am already seeing things in the first few pages of the documentation that I don't like.  I don't want to admit it because I thought I really wanted to do it and now I don't really think I want to. I started seeing some of the red tape.  Well, it is actually a bunch of red tape.

9.  Fruit flies drive me CRAZY!!  I hate bugs anyway... but fruit flies are so ridiculous!  I am trying to eat right and have beautiful fruits or veggies on the counter and what do I get in return?  A colony of these annoying little flying mini rats.

Yesterday I went to the gym and did 30 minutes worth of cardio and did not get a headache.  Previously, I was having a pounding headache daily.  I attempted to work out a couple weeks ago while this was going on and it magnified it by 10 million.  Not to mention the potential risk of worsening the injury - so I stopped and did not go back until yesterday.  Today, I did another 25 minutes or so of cardio with no headache and I thought I would try out some weights to see what happened.  Success!  I did a few light things just to test it out and I still feel OK.  Almost pain free so we will see what tomorrow brings.  I hope it stays this way so that I do not have to continue staying out of the gym!

What reasons do you stay out of the gym?

Also, there's a great group of people who also confess on Wednesdays.  If you would like to join the link up, check it out! It is hosted by Kathy @Vodka and Soda.http://www.lifeinprogress.ca/


Vodka and Soda
Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle


4 comments:

  1. Loud eating drives me BATTY.. and open mouthed chewing.

    I'm always really hesitant to give money to the homeless... especially when they look presumably clean and well shaven.. I always have the thought, in the back of my mind, that they are scamming.

    Fruit Tarts are awesome. Just saying.

    OH.. I started my own link up. To help me stay accountable and to keep this healthy living positivity train going. Jump on if you want to!

    http://katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/im-twit-and-proud-of-it.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel judgmental - cuz what if the homeless person just went to one of those shelters and took a shower/shaved/washed their clothes? What if they used to have nice stuff and the DC shoes were what they ended up keeping? It is tough to say.

      Heading over to the link up now!

      Delete
  2. OMG, this post really cracked me up!! I especially loved the description of the dog and the boyfriend slurping! Wow, especially the dog.

    Maybe he has something wrong with his face. Seriously, I thought I could never love a slobbery dog until I actually found one on the streets (and fostered it for awhile).

    Anyway, keep the candor coming. Congratulations on getting around that darned headache and getting back into a good mood. Sometimes all we need to do is blow off a little steam and then all is well!

    :)

    P.S. I love the Humpday picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Thankfully he doesn't slobber too bad but his noises are gross! The humpday pic was from Vodka and Soda and yes, it's pretty nice :)

      Delete