May 19, 2014

Weekend Recap and Delayed Mother's Day

This weekend was much needed to catch up on all the things we have not done over the last couple of weeks.  I have not blogged much, have not done anything fitness oriented and have not done any marketing which makes me feel like I have really dropped the ball.  As many of you know, my boyfriend's brother passed, and I wrote about how precious life is in this blog.  Now I am catching up.



A couple weeks ago we planned to celebrate mother's day for my grandmother this weekend.  We try not to do it the day of because it is always such a loooong wait.  She picked Olive Garden and I was a bit worried about what I was going to eat.  Why?  Because I have been eating like shit!  People have been so generous and so helpful by delivering meals but they are comfort food and not health food.  Cookies, baked goods, pastas, cheesy food like enchiladas, chicken pot pie - the real kind, not the reduced calorie kind- and other really really delicious stuff.  In the midst of it all I have had little time to go to the gym and have eaten what was available.  This makes a squishy environment for my body so I have to rev up the engine and remove the squishiness!  Is 'squishiness' a word?  I don't think so but I think it's funny :)

I will add that there have been salads available but I have not been following my own advice or doing what I know to be valuable and important.  Ya, I've eaten the salads but I have also eaten the other scrumptious foods.  This is the face I am making as I recollect the lemon bars and chocolate. ----------------->

I am kinda beating myself up over it but that is not gonna help anything.  It is important to take action and follow through with a plan.  Stressful situations seem to lead us to eating crappy, doesn't it?  The fact is, I struggle with eating right which is something that I realized about 3.5 years ago.  This is also when I realized I have an addictive personality but that is for another day.

So I leaned on the lord.  I knew I could not rely on myself to pick a healthy option at Olive Garden because everything that tastes good comes in the form of pasta and sauce and calories.  If you are not a believer in God, you can ask the universe for assistance in this -or whoever/whatever you believe in or pray to.  It works.  Higher power is much more divine than what we can ever do!  I asked for guidance in making the right choice even if I want something else that looked good.

I had soup - the kind with broth and a couple small potatoes and some small pieces of sausage.  I ordered crab topped chicken which also had some tomatoes on it.  It came with a scoop of mashed potatoes and I took half of it off my plate right away. My bf & I decided we were going to share each other's food and the chicken came in 2 pieces so it was easy for me to get rid of half.  He ordered grilled salmon and broccoli but I only had him give me less than 1/4 of his.  I ate a few bites of each item then boxed the rest.  Basically, I ate like a human instead of a ravenous beast!



We ordered desert which came in mini cups which I love because it is a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth as well as be social.




My gma opened her gifts and we played with my cousin's daughter then went home.  


We went to the gym, did cleaning, laundry, shopping and all the boring stuff that we have to do in life.  We also went to the butterfly exhibit which was amazing - way more amazing than I thought it would be.  Pics to come in another post because I still have to fold sheets!

What did you do this weekend?

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
http://instagram.com/tcfitlifestyle


No comments:

Post a Comment