Apr 30, 2014

Lazy Leg Day

The gym was empty so I made it leg day.  Why?  Because the equipment is always so difficult to get to and I end up with little options while I wait around for someone to finish up their set(s).  I prefer super setting and when someone works in, unknowingly or otherwise, I have to change it up a bit to keep the heart rate going.  Yesterday was a golden opportunity to get legs in and I should have taken FULL advantage but it was one of those days.  Tuesday was lazy leg day.  It was lower weights and I was in and out.

I have mentioned in a million other posts I am working on strengthening my hams so I have been doing a lot related to those.  I got in about 15 minutes of cardio considering I had an alcohol-fest this weekend and I gotta reel it back in.  I am still tired from all that drinking though.  It is amazing how much it takes out of me now.  I used to be able to day drink then carry through the night and get up to do it again the next day.  Not so much anymore and since I am not in my 20s anymore, that is OK.  



Tuesday's routine looked like this:

Squat Rack - 3 sets at 12-15 reps starting with 100 lbs.  Increasing weight each set
Super set with flutter kicks then hold the feet elevated at the end of the flutter kicks for at least 20 seconds

Squat Hacks 3 sets 12-15 reps @90 lbs the whole time
Super set with calve raises on the same machine.

Single Leg Extension 3 sets 15 reps 55lbs
Super set right then left leg
Crunches on decline as a circuit after both legs done and rotate abs/legs

Glute bridges single leg 3 sets of 10
Super set right then leg left

While doing cardio I ran sideways so that my calves were burning like crazy.  It is a great way to get in calves!

I promise I will kick some serious ass with my next workout!

 


The Hump Day Blog Hop

Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio

No comments:

Post a Comment