Apr 21, 2014

Easter and Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, I know I did!  I always get excited to stuff myself with ham and deviled eggs but this year we are going to the lake for a weekend trip only 4 days after Easter.  Which means I cannot partake in the typical gorge-fest.  Well, that really works out for the better anyway, right?

To make matters even better my grandma tells me she is having veggies for an appetizer!!!  This makes me super excited because we typically have something less healthy.  Don't get me wrong, I love unhealthy - who doesn't - but I don't like the way it looks on my ass.  But wait, it gets better.  We have a SALAD with dinner too!  Another thing we do not usually have and I am just ecstatic over this new menu!! 

We still had the same great ham, deviled eggs and pasta salad but this time I get to have healthier options.  Something other than loading up on ham and potato salad really appeals to me :)  It was SO thoughtful of my grandma to do this and you know what made her think of it?  My blogs.  She always reads them, that's how she keeps up on my busy life, and she told me that is what prompted her to make the menu adjustments. 

Isn't it funny how excited I get over food?  I get equally excited over her Italian Sausage with bell peppers and onions.  We get that one time per year and it is PURE HEAVEN!!!  Not gonna lie!



 
I just could not wait to tell everyone how awesome my grandma is for making these lovely additions to the Easter menu!!  Despite the healthier choices and my planning according to the details outlined in this blog from a couple days ago, I still gained 2 lbs.  WTF????!!!  This is NOT on the agenda for wearing a swimsuit at the lake.  Well, I am not going to get my panties in a bunch.  Ham is salty as hell so today I make up for it with lots of water to flush out the sodium and then plenty of veggies to counter act any extra calories.

 
I almost forgot to tell you about dessert!  It was an angel food cup with a TBSP (full) of whip cream, strawberries, an apple slice, a pear slice, a few slices of banana and some Nutella drizzled on top.  yuuum!
 
The best part of it all?  Getting to see my family.  My grammy, my brother, my cousin and his wife and their beautiful little girl.  Who doesn't love babies?!  Even better, I don't have to change her crappy diapers or feed her in the middle of the night but I still get to see her adorable little face!!


 
Judging by the look on her face, the feeling was not mutual at the time.  LOL
 
 
 Above is my gma and one of her friends hanging out with my bf.  Below is my brother and cousin doing work in the kitchen.  This HAD to be photographed because the men in my family traditionally get waited on and do nothing but eat.  hmmmphhh.  Except these 2 are getting with the times :)  Thanks guys!!  My bf helped with dishes afterward, it was glorious!
 
 
I wish I had taken a pretty pic of our dessert but I was in a hurry to eat so, sorry guys, next time!
 
Tell me about your Easter!
 
Follow me for great health info and maybe a little nonsense rant here and there.
https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle
https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle
https://www.pinterest.com/triciaconiglio

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I am so glad you enjoyed the new menu and I love to see you happy. I really enjoyed it as well especially since I didn't have to do anything because of my sore knee. The photos are great and really show how good the food was presented and I know that presentation is very important. Alyshia did a great job and I know she was happy that the family liked her cooking. Good job, Tricia, (did you notice) for putting together this great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thank you! Yes, I noticed :)

      Delete