Mar 27, 2014

BBQ Chicken Recipe

Do you ever want something really delicious without the work?  I originally planned to marinate some chicken and then grill it but I did not marinate it in time.  I also did not have time to run in and out from the grill but the chicken had to be cooked as it was defrosted and I was getting hungry. 

I usually wait until the last minute to cook

so when I am hungry, there is no time for food prep and cooking for ever and ever.  Which meant my plan went out the window.  I decided to just dump the BBQ sauce, seasonings and chicken into a skillet and put it on auto pilot.  I am soooo glad I did because it was uh-maze-eeeng!!!

It was so dang simple too.  It was basically like I bought something prepackaged, or drove through a drive-thru. 

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken
3-4 TBSP BBQ sauce
a couple dashes sea salt
a few dashes fresh cracked pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Crushed red pepper
2-4 TBSP water

*The BBQ sauce I used was spicy and had more red peppers in it.  The brand is Black Swan and it is the bomb!

Directions:

Combine water, BBQ and dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.  I add the water so that there is less sauce (also meaning lower calorie) yet still full flavor.  cha ching!  Pour some of the liquid into the skillet, reserving more than half.  Turn stove on medium-high and place the chicken on top.  Pour the remaining sauce on top and mix around.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until fully cooked.

We had this with a salad.  I took some to work the next day for my 2nd morning snack.  I also put some on a slice of bread so it was a super scrumptious BBQ sandwich.  It was so effin' good that I am making more tomorrow.  Only, this time I will actually grill it as planned.

What is your favorite simple, yet awesome recipe?

Follow my blog for delicious, healthy recipes and other fitness ideas.

Also, check out my Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle and also Twitter: https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle for other great info!

6 comments:

  1. Boy that sounds good to me. When are you bringing some over!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! it is all gone but I am making more today on the grill :)

      Delete
  2. MMM easy and looks tasty!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting! This looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete