Feb 5, 2014

Tris & Back Workout and mini HIIT sesh

I admitted in mini workout video 1 (with Max) that I have not worked out in a few weeks.  It is probably about 1.5 months which is out of the norm for me but I have good reasons....or are they excuses? 

First off, I had a lot of preparing and errands to run prior to going out of town last month.  Then I was run down and felt like I was getting sick.  I did not want to ruin my vaca so I did not workout while feeling run down.  I brought my workout stuff with me on vaca but since we were snowboarding and walking around a lot I did not workout then either.  I did not want to cut into snowboarding time.  Then I actually got sick.  Booooo!

 


I am better now and I thought I would do a mini demo of how a little bit of movement would make a difference.  I was going to do this by incorporating a 4 minute high intensity workout every day.  However, I have lost weight and my pants are tight.  Who can tell me what this means?  This means my muscle content has decreased and my fat content has increased.  Loss of muscle is why the pounds dropped but gaining of fat is why the clothes are tight.

Anyway, I do not particularly care for wearing my pants tight.  It is uncomfortable, especially since jeans are meant to be sorta tight anyway.  With this, I do not want to wait any longer to get back to the gym and I returned on Sunday.  Wahoo!  I thought it would be cool to catch my "getting back on track" journey on video.


I want to invite you to follow my journey and even join in.  As you know, I just returned to the gym so my stamina is low.  My cardio sux and I am weak but it is just temporary.  You can watch me huff and puff my way back to easily performing these tasks.  I will create a few mini videos doing some exercises that are high intensity and short in length. 

For those of you who do not go to the gym, these is will be a great workout for you because you can do it from the luxury of your living room!  I decided to post yesterday's workout for those of you who go to the gym.

First, I did the sideways run (sometimes known as side step and I even like calling it the sideways hop) on the treadmill on speed 4 with a 1.5 incline for 30 seconds then I switched sides.

I did each side twice for a total of 2 minutes then I reduced the speed to a regular forward walk for about 15 seconds and repeated.  I did this for 5 minutes total.

I started my workout with dips:  3 sets of 10 each
Super set that with 18 crunches on the incline bench

Overhead triceps extensions:  3 sets of 12 reps increasing weights 10 lbs each set
I super set this with more crunches on the incline bench but I rotated to hit the obliques

Seated rows 3 sets of 10 reps also increasing weight 10 lbs each set
Super set this with back extensions 4 sets of 10 reps

Single arm reverse triceps extensions 3 sets of 10-12 reps.  Today, I started with 20 lbs and then dropped to 10lbs each arm
Super set each arm back and forth.

Lat pull downs 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Super set with the spidey 3 sets of 12 reps

Check out my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle.

Share your comments about what you like or dislike about the above workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment