Feb 8, 2014

Leg Day and Kitchen Casualty

Legs are tough for me because I have a knee injury and the other knee has pain now.  I had to stop practicing massage as a result of it and then I had to stop running.  The doctor told me I shouldn't snowboard anymore but I still do that.  My whole life was supposed to stop, for crying out loud!!  I rationalize that since I only board seasonally that it is OK.  Actually, my knees don't give me trouble when I board so that is wonderful!  It also gives me hope that with the proper strengthening my knees will be back to normal.

Anyway, I cannot do many of the workouts I used to do and I have to modify what I can do.  It makes leg day limited but I have been working on strengthening all areas of the leg which is usually what causes knee problems, besides trauma.  The start of my knee trouble was a crash on ice snowboarding and then overuse because I kept running without knowing I had an injury.

I have been pretty free of pain for over a year now due to the strength training and an organic topical supplement I have been using. Which meant I thought I would try lunges.  We will see what happens over the next couple of days.

I started out with:
Wide stance barbell squat AKA sumo squat with 20 lbs. 3 sets of 12 reps
Super set this with 36 Russian twists w/25 lb weights




Single leg extensions 4 sets of 12.  Super set one leg at a time.

Lunges with 20 lbs 3 sets of 10.  I started to feel the pain in my knee on this one so I made it short.




Stiff legged dead lifts w/40 lbs 3 sets of 10 reps each.
Super set with the spidey 3 sets of 36 

Seated leg squats 3 sets of 12 reps
Super set with calf raises 3 sets of 25



Single leg squats on seated squat machine 3 sets of 12
Super set with calf raises 3 sets of 25

I also did a short 5 minute warm up on the elliptical and since I have been doing my mini workouts in the AM while breakfast is cooking, my calves have been sore -which I love!  Well, except when I have to pee in the middle of the night.  teehee!  That sux cuz it wakes me up!

Speaking of breakfast.  I had a kitchen casualty doing jumping jacks while breakfast was cooking the other day.  The cupboard was open after I had taken out some spices and I began doing jumping jacks without closing the cupboard.  BOOM, I smacked my hand into it, bruising it immediately.  This was probably Monday and it STILL hurts.   Oh well, all in a day's work!  HA!


Now that I upload the pic I can barely see it.  It almost looks like I got bit by a snake because there are 2 little bruises and mini cuts next to each other.

After my workout I had a green protein shake.  I have some spinach to use up so I just added that to it for extra super food power!



It looks extra green but I could not even taste it.  I only put it in a handful but it turned the whole thing green.  I really do not even do protein shakes a lot but it was kind of a late workout so I needed something quick since bed time was approaching.  I definitely do not like having a full meal and then going to bed a couple hours later so this was the best choice. 

That is it for my Leg Day and Kitchen Casualty!

What is your favorite leg workout?  Leave comments below, I love hearing from you!

Check out my Facebook page at:  https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle and follow me on Twitter at:  https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle



2 comments:

  1. Oh poor baby! Do you want Grammy to kiss it for you. Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! If only a kiss cured it like it did when I was a kid :)

      Delete