Feb 10, 2014

Fish Tacos with Homemade Salsa and Guacamole

Saturday I made fish and scallop tacos with homemade salsa and guacamole.  I ran a bunch of errands, took pics of my condo so I can list it, made homemade tacos, worked on my blog stuff and business stuff then went out.  Pretty full day.  I took a few pics as I was making the deliciousness so that I could share it with you.

 I started with the salsa:

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can El Pato tomato sauce (Mexican style so it is hot)
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro
2 tsp garlic powder
a few dashes sea salt
some cracked black pepper


Chop green onions and cilantro and reserve some to go on top of the tacos.  In bowl put diced tomatoes and a little over half of the El Pato (or to desired heat- some may want less heat)



Then mix it all together and set aside to allow time for the flavors to mingle.













Guacamole:
1 ripe avocado
a few dashes garlic powder
1-2 TBSP of your freshly made salsa
1 tsp of the El Pato hot sauce
a dash of sea salt



Mash the avocado, add ingredients, stir and set aside.

Look how fresh this is!!  I just LOVE fresh ingredients.  Homemade stuff is the best!!!!  I do not always have time to do it but today I made time to have this :)


For the tacos I used 1 piece of tilapia - because I thought we had more but we did not.  I improvised by using the scallops we have in the freezer, which by the way, were AMAZING.
In skillet put a few squirts of olive oil and placed the tilapia and scallops in at the same time.  I put a couple dashes of sea salt and cracked pepper as well as a couple dashes of garlic powder.  Cooked until done and put on a corn tortilla.  


The finished product has half a piece of tilapia, cabbage, salsa, green onion, cilantro, 1 tsp guac and a few crumbles of goat cheese.  This goat cheese is more sticky so it is kind of in a glob at the bottom of the pic.  This was filling and I ended up not having the 2nd taco which was with the scallops.  I just had a few scallops with some of the toppings because I did not want to be over full by eating another taco.

Follow me on Twitter at:  https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle or check out my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle

The cool thing about fish tacos is you can really add some spices to increase or change the flavor but I did not want to take away from the salsa or guac so I just kept it simple.  What do you think of fish tacos?

I love reading your comments so please, feel free to post your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OMG!! Sooo good. We have leftover cabbage, salsa, etc. so we will be having chicken tacos tonight. Ooooh yaaaa

      Delete
  2. hey girl - do you have Twitter and Instagram?

    Your comments always mean so much to me. You take the time to read my entries fully and leave a meaningful comment, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!!! Your blog is probably my favorite. You write stuff that is interesting to me and you are so humble and seem like such a great person! I am on Twitter and will create an Instagram profile soon. My Twitter is https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle

      Delete