Jan 26, 2014

Las Noches De Las Luminarias

We went to the Desert Botanical Garden's (DBG) Las Noches de las Luminarias in Phoenix, AZ.  It is an exhibit of glass sculptures by an artist by the name of Chihuly.  For 31 nights the DBG lights the walkways with hand lit bags and provide live music as well as other entertainment.










I went with my bf & his mom to admire the wonderful works of art.  The artist blows the glass into these magnificent designs!  I cannot imagine creating such beauty but I am glad that others are capable of it ... ha!




 I was in awe to see how intricate it seems and the placement throughout the Garden is outstanding.  I believe this exhibit goes through April but the lighted bags along with the exhibit was only for a month.

The weather was nice when we got there but as it got darker it also got colder.  One of the first things we did was watch a band perform.  One of the songs they played was "Santa Baby" and the girl singing sounded like the original song which was impressive.

We got some hot chocolate and Bailey's to keep us warm and continued through the exhibit.  There were some interesting things that I would have never thought of placing around cactus.



And some that were decorated


I am not really sure what these were but, again, something I am incapable of creating.


Chihuly also throws the creations into the water so it was fitting that one of exhibits has glass in a boat on the water.


 

Off to the side of the boat was glass shaped to appear as though it was ice.



I really appreciate the time and effort it must take to create these things.  I learned that these pieces are brought to the DBG and are put together 1 piece at a time.  WOW!!

There were carolers and here is my favorite piece.


We had a great time!  I noticed there were a lot of couples so it seems it would be a good place for date night.  Also, the tickets sell pretty far in advance so we went on a weekday and the park closes at 10P so they, literally, kicked us out around that time.  I think I will have to make it a point to go to Las Noches de las Luminarias next year.

FOLLOW MY BLOG!!! I love new friends ;)

Also, check out my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/TcFitLifestyle and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TCFit_Lifestyle.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pics. That exhibit looks amazing....something I will have to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely amazing! You have to get your tickets in advance because they only allow so many people per night. At least that is how it is during Christmas time when they are doing Luminarius.

    ReplyDelete